CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Russian Refresher

So I'm so excited to post on Erin's blog. I just love her, she's so great! Erin and I became friends while our husbands were in Optometry school together. The men were never around and we had daughters that were 6 weeks apart so we got together literally every day. We saw each other more than our husbands. I don't think I could have made it through school without her. She introduced me to so many different hobbies. She is just the funnest, sweetest person and I miss her so much. Erin makes Celiac's look so easy, but I know how hard it is to have a food allergy. I think it's so great that she has this blog for people who are new to the disease and can get some help with what they can actually eat and new ideas for those who have had it for a long time! She's amazing as everyone knows!

Well I'm going to share a Christmas memory to start off.

So when I was about 13 years old, my family and I went to Nauvoo, Illinois for Thanksgiving to visit my grandparents who were serving a mission for our church. They got to show different trades that the people did back in the day such as candle making, buggy rides, the blacksmith, etc. Well I was drawn to the pottery. My grandma made a beautiful pot and I thought it was the greatest. I decided I wanted to take up pottery or whatever it is called. So for Christmas I asked Santa for a pottery wheel. I usually got what I asked for so I was so excited for Christmas. Well Christmas came and I ran down the stairs expecting this:

WHBRieSP.jpg (130878 bytes)

and what I found with my name written beautifully on it was this:

RoseArt Pottery Wheel Set - 3376

Haha needless to say I was very disappointed. I didn't realize the financial burden a real pottery wheel would be on my parents at the time, but now realize it was an outrageous request. It has now become a joke about my lame Christmas gift and I can't help but laugh when I see a pottery wheel in the store.

In my family we don't have any specific holiday foods that we always eat so I asked my husband what they did in his family and he came up with the Russian Refresher. I've never had it but he claims it is delicious so hopefully you enjoy it!

Russian Refresher

2 cups powdered orange drink mix (Tang)
1 ( 3 oz) package powdered pre-sweetened lemonade drink mix
1- 1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
2. Add 2-3 Tbsp of mix to 1 cup of hot water.
3. Stir to dissolve

If not using all at once store the unused mix in an airtight container.


0 comments:

Post a Comment